First page Back Continue Last page Summary Graphics
Prior to Installation
Do you have sufficient disk space?
- Can be installed with lots of good applications in 1GB or less
- Large installations can require several gigabytes
- Linux wants its own disk partitions (minimally 2 or 3)
- Is the space spread out over multiple hard drives?
- Monitor: make and model, or hsync and vsync frequencies
- Video card: make and model, or video chipset
- CDROM: make and model, ATAPI, SCSI, proprietary
- Ethernet card: make and model, or chipset
- Memory: Bare minimum 16 Mbytes (24 Mbytes for X11)